Manicure Ideas for Short Nails
Short nails are often overlooked when it comes to nail art. But there are actually a ton of manicure ideas for short nails that are both chic and elegant! Here are some of our favorite ideas:
1. Go for a classic red. A red manicure is always timeless and chic. If you have short nails, opt for a classic red shade like OPI's Big Apple Red. It's the perfect color to show off your nails without being too over-the-top.
2. Keep it simple with a nude polish. If you're looking for a more low-key manicure, go for a nude polish like Essie's Ballet Slippers. It's the perfect shade to give your nails a clean, polished look.
3. Add some sparkle with glitter polish. Glitter polish is a great way to add some pizzazz to your manicure without going overboard. We love Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, which has just the right amount of sparkle.
4. Go for an unexpected color combo. Short nails provide the perfect canvas for experimenting with unexpected color combinations. We love this combo of Essie's Mint Candy Apple and Lady Godiva from their 2017 spring collection.
5 . Paint each nail with a different design. This is a great way to show off your creative side while still keeping your manicure looking chic and put-together . Try painting each nail with a different floral design , or get creative with geometric shapes .
6. Get creative with your top coat. Your top coat is the perfect opportunity to add some extra flair to your manicure. Try a color-changing top coat like Color Club's Aurora Borealis, or a glitter top coat like Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Disco Ball.
7. Give yourself a mini makeover with nail stickers. Nail stickers are an easy way to dress up your nails without having to do any painting. We love these floral designs from Sephora, or these fun heart stickers from Target.
8. Opt for a ombre look. Ombre nails are all the rage right now, and short nails are the perfect canvas for this trend . Try a light-to-dark ombre look using two similar colors, or go for a more bold look with contrasting colors.
9. Get fancy with foil. Foil manicures are surprisingly easy to do at home, and they always look amazing . All you need is some adhesive tape and some metallic foil , and you can create all sorts of looks , from geometric designs to pretty florals . Check out this tutorial from The Beauty Department for step-by-step instructions.
10. Show off your personality with nail art decals . If you're really looking to show off your personality , try using nail art decals ! There are all sorts of fun designs available online or at your local beauty store . Or, if you're feeling really ambitious , you can even create your own custom decals using paper and scissors!